This cold has takin it's toll ON ME. (This love by Maroon 5 remix)

You know as soon as it hits. YOU KNOW. In the middle of the night, while driving, in a classroom, at work, in your bedroom- oh my effing GOD, my nose is RUNNING, and I feel so CLOUDY!!!!What did I do to deserve this? What is it? Do I need to shower? Am I allergic to this air? Am I allergic to every single human being I come in contact with? The sun? No, my body just seriously lacks an immune system. I LTERALLY can not count the amount of times my doctor (shout-out to Dr. Cheng) has said, "Well, Iman, it sounds like bronchitis." WTF?! AGAIN? If bronchitis didn't sound bad enough, my body decided to bless me with bronchopneumonia, and let me tell you, that was like NO OTHER. Your chest feels like it is clogged, your voice box cuts in and out at it's convenience, and your body hurts as if you ACTUALLY work out 7 days a week instead of sitting on the couch thinking about all of the time you are NOT working out. Frickin' A. Also, I don' know about you all, but I get incredibly emotional when I am not feeling my best. The smallest things trigger my tears- a balloon popping, a crying baby, an empty water bottle, a road, a cute shirt, an ugly dog........everything. Honestly, getting ill does not surprise me at this point in my life. Not even a little bit. If I even do as little as BREATHE in the wrong air I will catch a fever, and I have learned to accept that. With alllllllll of this being said, I still do not understand a few things. I attend a high school where 82.7% of the population are absolutely hoodlums. Yes, sneeze in mid-air; I don't mind. Yes, cough towards the shoulder closest to my face, but don't bother covering your mouth; I don't mind. Spit in the water fountain I don't ever intend on using? Sure, I bet the person turning the corner to get in line behind you wouldn't mind one bit. Oh, but my absolute favorite. It is completely sanitary to walk out of a restroom without washing your hands. I'm sure that will offer you, and the other good number of people you come in contact with GREAT futures regarding their health. PEOPLE, WASH. YOUR. DAMN HANDS. And don't sneeze on me, or anyone else for that matter. There are neither pros or cons to being sick. Some might argue that being brought chicken noodle soup in bed might be the best thing ever, but not everyone gets that special treatment. Ahem. ANYWAY, the common cold creeps up on you on your most vulnerable day, and there isn't anything you can do to completely stop it, but there are small things you can do to prevent it from spreading like a wildfire. Hey, those pocket sized Germ-x bottles are super cute and handy. If you want me to buy one for you, I'm more than willing. Another: keep your CO2 to yourself. Nothing is more discomforting than feeling someone BREATHING down your neck while you stand in the checkout line at Target. Speaking of that, all you NUTSO black Friday shoppers better keep your germies to yourself when you see me running down the escalator at the nearest mall. Happy holidays you filthy animals.

Popular posts from this blog

741 Days Too Late....

The Beginning